The Castle House Museum, which has been open since 1998, is one of Dunoon’s most historic locations. Dunoon became a holiday resort when Lord Provost Ewing of Glasgow bought the land around the ruined medieval castle and built himself a holiday home. This was in 1824 and many other wealthy businessmen followed his example.

Castle House Museum
Mission Statement ...to stimulate interest in the history, lore and tradition of Cowal
Dunoon Pier

Later a trip "doon the watter" at the Glasgow Fair became a tradition. His handsome home, set in beautiful gardens and with fine The Museum is a Registered Charityviews of the Firth of Clyde, now houses the Museum on its upper floors.

email: info@castlehousemuseum.org.uk
web: www.castlehousemuseum.org.uk