Castle House Museum is a very special indoor attraction in the heart of Dunoon. Open since 1998, it's one of Cowal's most historic locations, in gardens opposite Dunoon Pier.
The Castle House itself was built by Lord Provost James Ewing of Glasgow in 1822. Exhibits, models and photographs tell the story of Dunoon from the Neolithic to the present day. Find out about the Clyde steamers, yacht building, Cowal during the war and more. There's also a gift shop.
The museum is set in lovely gardens affording excellent views of the Firth of Clyde and surrounding hills.
Our mission is to stimulate interest in the history, lore and traditions of Cowal.